What is a Clear Liquid Diet?
Unless otherwise indicated you will be instructed to follow a clear liquid diet the entire day prior to and the morning of your scheduled procedure. You may not have any solid foods. Your clear liquid diet will begin with breakfast the morning before your exam.
Clear liquids include all of the following:
- Strained fruit juices (without the pulp) apple, white grape, pear, white cranberry juice
- Water, 7-UP, Sprite, lemonade without pulp, ginger-ale, tonic water
- Clear broth or bouillon (Chicken, Beef or Vegetable)
- Coffee or tea (without milk or non-dairy creamer)
- Gatorade, PowerAde, clear protein drinks
- Carbonated and non-carbonated soft drinks
- Kool-Aid or other fruit flavored drinks
- Plain Jell-O without fruit or toppings (Green, Yellow. Orange, Peach)
- Ice popsicles and clear water ices
- Hard candy
- Sugar or Artificial sweetener (may be used in Tea and Coffee)
- No milk products or solids
- Nothing RED or PURPLE